Have you ever felt like you’ve lost control? That every time you turn around someone wants to sell something ? I know I have ! That’s why I created Instant quote to give Florida seniors more control. Instant quote gives you the ability to choose whats plan is right for you.
But how to choose wisely ? Where to start? Knowledge is power! Thats where I come in as a senior insurance specialist it’s my job to educate so that you can choose wisely. If you’re new to medicare check out the basics here.
Part B Premium Update
If your new to medicare and keep on seeing commercials that say all these plans have a 0 premium, but that’s a half truth. In reality , when you qualify for medicare Part A (the hospital part) is usually free. But doctor visits, lab tests and other out-patient procedures falls under what is called part B. That DOES have a premium and the average premium will be 148.50 in 2021. Although that can be reduced .Because there are plans that offer some or all reimbursement of Part B premiums.
With that said some other things that have changed.
2021 Medicare changes
- increases for copays across the board
- Folks who have ESRD(end stage renal disease) may purchase Medicare Advantage starting in 2021.
- The dreaded “donut hole ” no longer exists*
- The maximum out-of-pocket limit for Medicare Advantage plans is increasing to $7,550 .
- Medicare Part D plans allowable deductible increased from $435.00 to $465.00
- Medicare beneficiaries with Part D coverage (stand-alone or as part of a Medicare Advantage plan) will have access to insulin with a copay of $35/month in 2021.
Those are just some of the highlights coming to medicare in 2021, and now is that time to pick a policy that’s right for you. If you would like to discuss your options further please don’t hesitate to reach out If you would like to see the plans available in your area try our instant quote.
*However a standard plan’s maximum deductible is increasing to $445 in 2021, and the threshold for entering the catastrophic coverage phase (where out-of-pocket spending decreases significantly) is increasing to $6,550.